2. How to Tie a Half Windsor Knot
The Half Windsor knot is an extremely versatile knot. Unlike what the name suggests, the Half Windsor knot is actually closer to three-quarters the size of the Windsor knot.
The Half Windsor is medium in size, nearly symmetrical and, when tied correctly, it produces a deep and substantial dimple. Best used with neckties of a medium to light thickness.
- Start again with the wider end longer.
- Cross wide end over narrow end and then back from behind.
- Bring the wide end up and through the loop down.
- Continue crossing wide end in the front to other side.
- Bring it up through the loop around the neck.
- Continue down through the front loop.
- Tighten the knot and adjust.
Tip: After tying the tie the tip of the wide end should be at the level of belt buckle. If it’s too long or too short you need to tie it again and adjust the position of the wide and narrow ends in the first step.