It’s Halloween and time to hunt down lots of pictures wearing your favorite Halloween costume.
No matter how great your Halloween photo is, the right caption can make it even better. If you’re sharing Halloween pictures on Instagram or another social media platform, you can really get your photos noticed if you pair them with the perfect words.
These Halloween captions are guaranteed to draw attention to your photos.
Funny Halloween Captions
The most appealing part of Halloween is, for one day you can turn yourself into anything you want to, no matter how unusual or disturbing it looks.
Everyone likes to be a little bit scary or funny at Halloween and if you decide to do so than you may try one of these funny Halloween captions for real sarcasm.
- Tricks or it didn’t happen.
- Orange you excited for Halloween?
- The haunt is on for more candy.
- Come as you *aren’t.*
- Trick or treat yo’self.
- Ghouls rule and boys drool.
- Bat to the bone.
- Feeling brew-tiful!
- You can’t always get what you wand.
- Bone to be wild.
- You say witch like it’s a bad thing.
- This costume is eerie-sistible.
- In the Halloween spirits!
- Get in, we’re going haunting.
- Here for the boos.
- Time to get this party startled!
- If the broom fits, fly it.
- Creepin’ it real.
- Fangs for the memories.
- No tricks, just treats.
- Who run the world? Ghouls.
- Not every witch lives in Salem.
- Oh my ghouls!
- If you’ve got it, haunt it.
- Meet my boo crew.
- New face, who ‘dis?
- Can be bribed with candy.
- Bugs and hisses to my witches!
- Too ghoul for school.
- Demons are a ghoul’s best friend.
- You bewitch me!
- I cannot be held responsible for any missing candy.
- Ghouls just want to have fun.
- Witch way to the candy?
- I’m the guy that’s gonna save your ass.
Best Halloween Captions
Halloween is the spookiest holiday of the year and deemed worthy of celebration on social media also.
Post all your Halloween party photos to show your clever costume ideas that help you create an incredibly spooky or spunky atmosphere. Here are a few clever captions for Halloween!
- Ghostly Greetings!
- Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
- I’m a ghost with the most, babe.
- Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn and caldron bubble.
- I am, what psychiatrists call, alpha male.
- Get in, loser. We’re going haunting.
- Despite my ghoulish reputation, I really have the heart of a small boy. I keep it in a jar on my desk.
- What an excellent day for an exorcism.
- It’s just a bunch of hocus pocus.
- We just cut up our girlfriend with a chainsaw. Does that sound ‘fine’?
- Not going to eat candy? That’s witchful thinking.
- Use iodized salt to ward off witches, zombies, and old boyfriends.
- May the ghost be with you.
- Trick or treat, bags of sweets, ghosts are walking down the street.
- Candy is my fuel. Ice cream, too.
- Look, there’s no metaphysics on earth like chocolates.
- It’s Halloween, go totally catty, batty, deadly, ghostly and scary!
- Cottage cheese solves nothing. Chocolate can do it all.
- It’s all just a bunch of hocus pocus!
- You are my treat for Halloween, so you don’t need to trick me.
- There is nothing that gives more assurance than a mask.
- Come and ride with me. I prepared this broomstick for us to roam around the place.
- Wishing you a boo-tiful and woo-nderful Halloween full of treats!
- I got bite by a vampire and I liked it!
- Where there is no imagination there is no horror.
- Anyone who uses the phrase ‘easy as taking candy from a baby’ has never tried taking candy from a baby.
- I love Halloween, and I love that feeling: the cold air, the spooky dangers lurking around the corner.
- There is magic in the night when pumpkins glow by moonlight.
Scary Halloween Captions
If you’re looking to up the scary vibe when you share your Halloween photos, try one of these:
- Straight outta coffin.
- I feel dead inside. And outside.
- Why aren’t you eating me?
- Having a bloody good time!
- We make up horrors to help us cope with the real ones.
- The last man on Earth sat alone in a room. There was a knock on the door…
- I’ve tried to take my own life 73 times. Every time was a failure. And messy.
- Believe nothing you hear and only one half that you see.
- I wish to organize the first serial killer convention. What do I need to do?
- Blood is really warm, it’s like drinking hot chocolate but with more screaming.
- Welcome to my nightmare. I think you’re gonna like it.
- I am the ghost boo-ster! Happy Halloween!
- You say WITCH like it’s a bad thing!
- Can you be my Halloween treat.
- You are scary beautiful! Enjoy your Halloween!
- When Halloween is here the monsters appear and the candies disappear.
- All I really need is love, but a little candy now and then doesn’t hurt!
- With the recent vampire craze, it’s no longer cool to dress like one for Halloween. Thanks, Twilight.
- After eating chocolate you feel godlike, as though you can conquer enemies, lead armies, entice lovers.
- They say the sound of a child laughing is the most beautiful thing in the world… unless it’s midnight and you don’t have kids.
- I’m trying to be environmentally responsible and eat locals.
- Have you ever thought about how when your tongue touches your teeth, you’re actually tasting your own skeleton?
- Helpful tip: Next time you bury a body, plant a protected flower on the grave. Then no one can dig it up.
- My mom told me no one likes spoiled children, so I always keep them in the fridge.
- I love sharing pictures of my food before I eat it. (as a caption for a photo of a friend)
- They turned me away when I went to donate blood today. Apparently, there’s some rule that it has to be your blood.
- There’s nothing to fear but fear itself… and that guy outside the window.
- If everyone says, “Have a nice day,” why is it creepy to say, “Enjoy your next 24 hours?”
Cute Halloween Captions
- Happy Howl-oween!
- Time to get spooky.
- Howl you doin’ good lookin’?
- Love at first bite.
- Are you afraid of the dark?
- Keep calm and scare on.
- I only have pumpkin pies for you.
- Keep calm and carry a wand.
- Have a very scary Halloween!
- Eat, drink, and be scary.
- Just a bunch of hocus pocus.
- Something wicked this way comes.
- Cutest pumpkin in the patch.
- Wishing you a fang-tastic night.
- Every day should be Halloween!
- Never fully dressed without a wand.
- Mischief managed.
- Sweet like candy.
- Halloween night is simply bewitching.
- The ghostess with the mostess.
- Witchful thinking.
- I’m under your spell.
- Happy Haunting!
- Feeling witchy on All Hallows’ Eve.
- Bad to the bone.
- With my boo crew.
- Everyday should be Halloween.
- Feeling fa-boo-lous.
- Having a boo-tiful time!
- Wishing you a haunting night.
- Tonight the main food groups are candy, candy, and more candy.
- Ready for a wicked good time.
- I’ve been ready for Halloween since last Halloween.
Spooky Halloween Captions
Halloween is all about scary pranks, ghostly costume, horror moments and full of fun. After passing a perfect scary night you may need some creepy and spooky Halloween captions.
Consider one of the following and see the magic happens with creatively captioned Instagram or Facebook picture on your timeline.
- Oh yes, there will be blood.
- O little one, My little one, Come with me, Your life is done. Forget the future, forget the past. Life is over: Breathe your last.
- Do you want to know why I use a knife? Guns are too quick. You can’t savor all the… little emotions
- Sometimes, the things you see in the shadows are more than just shadows.
- It was July when the dogs began to disappear from the neighborhood. About a week later, people began to go missing.
- Shadows of a thousand years rise again unseen. Voices whisper in the trees, “Tonight is Halloween!
- Are you still standing? A dead man is right behind you. Run! Happy Halloween.
- Happy Halloween! Be safe and have fun! Watch out for those little goblins running around tonight!
- There’s a pumpkin above my head, I’m hiding under my bed. The city is painted black and red, run if you don’t want to be dead! Happy Halloween!
- When the little monsters come knocking on your door, tell them to scram — forever more! Happy Halloween!
- Halloween wraps fear in innocence, as though it were a slightly sour sweet. Let terror, then, be turned into a treat…
- The ghosts and vampires are coming to hunt you this creepy night, just go hide under the blanket. Happy Halloween.
- When black cats prowl and pumpkins gleam, may luck be yours on Halloween.
- Beware this creepy night. Witches, monsters, and demons are clothed in crazy costumes waiting to hand you the tricks and treats, candy and horror. Happy Halloween.
- The moon has awoken with the sleep of the sun, the light has been broken; the spell has begun. Happy Halloween!
- Tis the night — the night of the grave’s delight and the warlocks are at their play; Ye think that without the wild winds shout, but no, it is they — it is they.
- There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.
Clever Halloween Captions
You’ll get plenty of ghoulish grins and outright laughs with these clever Halloween captions for your photos:
- Not resting in peace.
- I must go in. The fog is rising.
- Be afraid. Be very afraid.
- Why did the black cat cross the street? To give you bad luck!
- If you think I’m a witch, you should meet my sister.
- On Halloween I ran out of candy and had to give the kids nicotine gum.
- Forget love — I’d rather fall in chocolate!
- Aren’t we clever, making the kids go door to door collecting candy for us?
- Halloween is the one time of year where grown women can dress like hookers and no one will care.
- I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.
- And God said “Let there be candy,” and there was candy. Happy Halloween!
- I hope all the candies don’t go to WAIST. Happy Halloween!
- Happy Halloween! Time to carve out the pumpkin, bring out the candies and let’s get sugar high.
- Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn, and cauldron bubble.
- I’ve seen enough horror movies to know that any weirdo wearing a mask is never friendly.
- When witches go riding and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers tis near Halloween.
- There’s a black cat in the window and a pumpkin on my stoop. On the lawn are a ghost and a witch. This tells me Halloween is very near, so Happy Halloween to you.
Halloween Captions Inspired by Movies
- “It’s all just a bunch of hocus pocus!” — Hocus Pocus
- “By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.” — Macbeth
- “It’s Halloween; everyone’s entitled to one good scare.” — Halloween
- “Magic is really very simple, all you’ve got to do is want something and then let yourself have it.” — Halloweentown
- “Get in, loser. We’re going haunting.” — A play on Regina George’s iconic line in Mean Girls
- “Being normal is vastly overrated.” — Halloweentown
- “Never trust the living.” — Beetlejuice
- “Be afraid, be very afraid.” — The Fly
- “I see dead people.” — The Sixth Sense
- “I am the pumpkin king!” — The Nightmare Before Christmas
- “I’m a ghost with the most, babe.” — Beetlejuice
- “There’s only 365 days left until next Halloween!” — The Nightmare Before Christmas
- “Where my ghouls at?” — Monster High
- “I’m a mouse, duh.” — Mean Girls
- “I would like, if I may, to take you on a strange journey.” — Rocky Horror Picture Show
- “Whatever you do, don’t fall asleep.” — A Nightmare On Elm Street
- “Hi! I’m Chucky. Wanna play?” — Child’s Play
- “Oh look, another glorious morning. It makes me SICK!” — Hocus Pocus
- “It’s alive!” — Frankenstein
- “Find the thing that must be read, lest your heart be filled with dread.” — The Hanted Mansion
- “Each year, the Great Pumpkin rises out of the pumpkin patch that he thinks is the most sincere.” — It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
Halloween Captions Inspired by Songs
- “I put a spell on you because you’re mine.” — Screamin’ Jay Hawkins
- “It’s close to midnight, something evil’s lurking from the dark.” — Michael Jackson
- “This is Halloween, everybody make a scene.” — Marilyn Manson
- “What’s in your head?” — The Cranberries
- “I’m friends with the monster that’s under my bed.” — Rihanna
- “Who you gonna call?” — Ray Parker Jr.
- “They’re creepy and they’re kooky, mysterious, and spooky.” — Andrew Gold
- “Scary monsters, super creeps keep me running, running scared.” — David Bowie
- “Love is kind of crazy with a spooky little boy like you.” — Dusty Springfield
- “She is like a cat in the dark. And then she is the darkness.” — Stevie Nicks
- “Must be the season of the witch.” — Donovan
- “I always feel like somebody’s watching me.” — Rockwell
- “Heads will roll … on the floor.” — Yeah Yeah Yeahs
- “When we all fall asleep, where do we go?” — Billie Eilish
- “Baby, I’m howlin’ for you.” — The Black Keys
- “I’m sweet but I’m psycho” — Ava Max
Halloween Captions Inspired by Quotes
- “Double, double toil, and trouble.” — William Shakespeare
- “If you’ve got it, haunt it.” — Rose Pressey
- “Every day is Halloween, isn’t it? For some of us.” — Tim Burton
- “Trick or treat, bag of sweets, ghosts are walking down the street.” — Unknown
- “On Halloween you get to become anything that you want to be.” — Ava Dellaria
- “Sticky fingers, tired feet; one last house, trick or treat!” — Rusty Fischer
- “Werewolves howl. Phantoms prowl. Halloween’s upon us now.” — Richelle E. Goodrich
- “Clothes make a statement. Costumes tell a story.” — Mason Cooley
- “When black cats prowl and pumpkins gleam, may luck be yours on Halloween.” — Unknown
- “Nothing on earth is so beautiful as the final haul on Halloween night.” — Steve Almond
- “Beware what dare crawls up your sleeve, For ’tis the night called Hallows Eve.” — Richelle E. Goodrich.
- “Oh how the candles will be lit and the wood of worm burn in a fiery dust. For on all Hallows Eve will the spirits come to play, and only the fruit of thy womb will satisfy their endless roaming.” — Solange Nicole
Post-Halloween Captions for Late Posts
Don’t worry if you missed posting your photos on Halloween. You can use these captions to post them later:
- How long am I going to wear my Halloween costume? As long as I want.
- We were so busy having a spook-tacular Halloween that I forgot to share costume photos. Here they are!
- It’s November 1, the day I steal my kids’ Halloween candy and eat it while they’re in bed.
- The great thing about zombie costume photos is that they only get better with time.
- I just did my whole week’s cardio when I ran into a spider web someone forgot to take down.
- I planned to post my Halloween photos on time this year, but it was just witchful thinking.
- I know I’m late posting these pictures, but every day should be Halloween!
Get in the Spirit
Remember to practice taking photos at night before you get your costume pictures and shots of the Halloween party. Then pair your images with great captions. The right Halloween sayings can help everyone get in the spirit as they look at your photos.