Looking for a great compliment to make another person happy? Look no further and take in a huge wave of positivity when you say these compliments to your boyfriend, girlfriend, friend, or family member.
Compliments are one of the fastest and easiest ways to make someone feel better about themselves. There is an additional bonus to complimenting others — it makes you feel good to say something nice to someone.
I surveyed our friends, the internet, and social media and put together a list of amazing compliments guaranteed to make your friends, family, and peers smile.
1. Thank you for existing.
2. You make me see the world in a way no one else ever has.
3. I love the way you make me think.
4. I appreciate the way you challenge me.
5. Around you, I’m the best possible version of myself.
6. Your energy is infectious.
7. I can’t stop thinking about you.
8. I love you so much it hurts.
9. You are my world.
10. When we’re together, everything seems possible.
11. I can’t do life without you.
12. I don’t want to be anywhere you can’t be.
13. You’re my constant reminder that people can be good.
14. There’s a softness behind your eyes.
15. Your laugh is my favorite sound.
16. The world would be so boring without you.
17. Are you for real?
18. How did I get so lucky?
19. You make the little things feel big.
20. Loving you feels like the most natural thing.
21. You impress me every single day.
22. Your capacity for kindness is boundless.
23. When we’re together, the rest of the world melts away.
24. I wish I were half the human you are.
25. I didn’t know what love was until I met you.
26. I didn’t know how important friendship was until we met.
27. It would be torture to lose you.
28. My life before you was utter dullness.
29. There’s no one like you.
30. Hugging you is the only comfort I need.
31. You’re not as dumb as you let people think you are.
32. You’re an amazing mother.
33. You’re beautiful.
34. Your soul is gorgeous.
35. I love your brain.
36. I love how weird you are.
37. You’re more of a superhero than any Marvel character out there.
38. You inspire me.
39. You are so strong.
40. [prolonged pause] Sorry you’d think I’d never seen a woman before.
41. Your voice soothes me.
42. Your existence makes me feel better about life.
43. The very idea of you makes me smile inside.
44. I’ve never met a person as [insert hyperbolic adjective] as you are.
45. Mating with you would be a smart evolutionary play.
46. Some people are radiators—they make you feel warm when you’re around them.
47. I’ve never met anyone as caring as you.
48. No one else can make me laugh like you do.
49. You have such a good heart.
50. You have great [insert random body part].
51. You are truly unforgettable.
52. You are way too smart for me.
53. Wow. You.
54. You make monogamy seem easy.
55. Knowing you makes me a happier person.
56. You make me feel whole.
57. I had no idea what life could be until we met.
58. Please never stop being you.
59. You make me want to be a better person.
60. You have [insert expert in person’s chosen field] possibilities.
61. I never saw the point of taking pictures until I met you. I want to keep our memories alive forever.
62. I think you’re the only person I could ever talk about this with openly.
63. Whenever I have a tough day, I remember you and it gives me strength and hope.”
64. You are beautiful inside and out.
65. You are my favorite [insert random skill].
66. I love your [insert funny body part, like pinky toes.
67. You’re the light of my life.
68. You are so special to me.
69. I didn’t know what true love was before you.
70. I find myself smiling so much more, now that we’re together.
71. You make me believe in goodness.
72. Your touch is so healing.
73. Your very presence is reassuring
74. You are a life elixir.
75. Things shift when you enter the room.
76. When I see you, everything else within the frame falls away.
77. When you’re around, I don’t need anything else.
78. You make me forget the bad parts of my day.
79. Within seconds of talking to you, I feel better.
80. With you, I’m at peace.
81. You are light.
82. You have such a generous spirt.
83. How did you learn to be so good?
84. Your heart must be ten times the average size.
85. It’s as if you never learned to be bitter.
86. I want to grow into a person like you.
87. I want to grow up to be just like you.
88. I’ve never met a person quite like you.
89. Your parents must be so proud.
90. There should be a monument of you.
91. I will never forget the way you make me feel.
92. You are just beyond.
93. I can’t quite fathom a world with you.
94. You are awesomeness personified.
95. There’s nothing I’d rather do than spend time with you.
96. The very thought of you makes me feel warm and fuzzy.
97. You changed everything for me.
98. I don’t know what I’d do without you. Actually.
99. You’re my reason.
100. Is there a day you haven’t made better?
101. Thank you.
102. You inspire me to be a better person.
103. You’re the kind of person who could make even Kanye smile.
104. You give me the kind of advice I always need to hear (even if I don’t want to hear it). Thank you for that.
105. You’re the only person I want to come back to when it feels like the rest of the world has become too much.
106. You’ve shown me how to be kinder person.
107. You’re my favorite person to talk to. I never get tired of hearing your voice, your stories. I always want more.
108. The way you live your life challenges me and has helped me grow.
109. You’re really good at all the things you do. And even the things you think you don’t do so well, I like how you do it anyway, without caring what anyone thinks.
110. If you died or something happened to you, I would delete your browser history for you.
111. You’re really fun to be around. Even when we aren’t doing anything at all just being around you makes me feel content.
112. I think you’d make a really great parent someday.
113. Your existence has made my life infinitely better since knowing you.
114. I love how precious and child-like you can be sometimes. You make me feel young again.
115. You’ve shown me what unconditional love feels like. Thank you for letting me experience what it feels like to find safety in another person.
116. You’re accomplishing so much. Every day you are growing and evolving into a better, stronger version of who you were yesterday. You have already done so much in the time that I’ve known you. Your passion for life has encouraged me to dream bigger, love harder, and find beauty everywhere.